Welcome
Welcome to nwn2db

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dark lantern sneaker

Levels 21+ only

Dark lantern sneaker

Postby Quidix » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:30 am

Not sure if this section is meant as a 'please have a look at my build and comment' section', but that's pretty much what I ask! I have little experience with playing sneakers, and would like to not play a standard rogue build. Anyhow, here goes my current idea:

http://nwn2db.com/build/?96259

The purpose was to create a high ab (for sneaker) with good damage, is this total overkill?
Quidix

Re: Dark lantern sneaker

Postby Tchaikov » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:12 pm

It will work perfectly for Dalelands; the only thing you should consider changing is Expose Weakness; a +4 Dexterity item CAN be earned with a token, but because EW is now on a 30-second cool down, it can be switched out for another feat, such as Great Dexterity I. Alternatively, you can take one point away from Dexterity at creation, saving you three points to put towards Wisdom (for +1 will save) and +1 strength (considering a +3 strength item later)...
Tchaikov

Postby Quidix » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:01 pm

It's actually meant for dalelands, yes. I haven't played there for very long and I got the impression I shouldn't count on +4 items, but you are probably right!

Swapping out expose weakness opens some other doors too, I'll no longer need to pick 3 rogue levels to get evasion, which is potentially good.

Edit: Think I'll go with the 19 dex at start and boost str and con to 13.
Quidix

Postby Chasted » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:05 am

Quidix wrote:It's actually meant for dalelands, yes. I haven't played there for very long and I got the impression I shouldn't count on +4 items, but you are probably right!

Swapping out expose weakness opens some other doors too, I'll no longer need to pick 3 rogue levels to get evasion, which is potentially good.

Edit: Think I'll go with the 19 dex at start and boost str and con to 13.

If you boost strength and con using a valuable leveling point you're wasting a lot; if you start with 18 dex you can have 14 con and 13 Strength for the same cost as 19 dex, 12 con and 12 strength. Reliance on a +3 stat item can sometimes be frustrating and if you could swap it out for something else you're much better off.
Chasted

Return to Epic Builds