Welcome
Welcome to nwn2db

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

What to play...

Re: What to play...

Postby zuton » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Forget about the Firetooth Dagger, I was under the impression you'd do a BG II run when I mentioned it.

If not transfering your char to BG II later, the Archer is better than the Kensai at ranged fighting (so forget about my Archer vs Kensai ramblings too). Throwing weapons are rare and do not get the free extra attack per round, also both Ranger and Fighter can reach level 8 with the 161.000 xp cap in place.

Btw, crossbows are pretty strong too. The crossbow of speed can be bought early, gets you the same amount of attacks per round like any bow and there are some strong bolts to gets. Just saying.

102, you lucky ******* ^^

I once tried to dual a Berserker into Druid. I wanted 18 Dex, 18 Con and also needed 15 Str, 17 Wis , 17 Cha. I also wanted a 11+ Int so I could survive a mind flayer or two. In the end I gave up on it, after pushing that reroll button for 20 minutes or so I started feeling soft in the head...
zuton

Postby Arkalezth » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:37 am

102 is like winning the lottery, but it's easier to get a high score with certain classes, due to the minimum scores in some stats (paladins, rangers, some multiclasses...).

There is a re-roller mod that makes things easier if you're lucking for a high roll. I suppose it's compatible with the Enhanced Edition.

Good, Bad and Ugly Builds
Arkalezth

Postby zuton » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Arkalezth wrote:102 is like winning the lottery, but it's easier to get a high score with certain classes, due to the minimum scores in some stats (paladins, rangers, some multiclasses...).

Yeah, with a human fighter you roll 9+ for Str and 3+ for the rest of the stats, while with a gnomish cleric/illusionist you roll str 6+, con 8+, int 9+, wis 9+, 3+ for dex and cha. So it's much easier to get a good roll.

Arkalezth wrote:There is a re-roller mod that makes things easier if you're lucking for a high roll. I suppose it's compatible with the Enhanced Edition.

I know, but that's a bit cheaty in my eyes. You can also get max stats by enabling debug mode in the .ini and pushing some key combo I don't recall. At least this works for the original BG2.
zuton

Postby decado » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Illusionists also need 16+ Dex so even easier.

I used the re-roller for this, set it off, made some food came back after about 5 mins and there it was.
decado
Site Admin

Postby LPMF » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:03 am

Hmmmm... Kensai/Thief or Kensai/Mage... I don't know if I have the patience to hit the Reroll button enough times to get 3 18's to leave my options open.
LPMF

Postby decado » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:08 am

It's easy enough to get the number of points to get three 18's plus a decent spread across the other stats. But it depends on if you have self-imposed restrictions on the rolls you get or not.

There is a handy point total on the stats now which shows you the total of your combined roll. Anything 90+ should be enough for you and is fairly easy to get.
decado
Site Admin

Postby LPMF » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:32 pm

[quote="decado"]It's easy enough to get the number of points to get three 18's plus a decent spread across the other stats. But it depends on if you have self-imposed restrictions on the rolls you get or not.

There is a handy point total on the stats now which shows you the total of your combined roll. Anything 90+ should be enough for you and is fairly easy to get.

Maybe my luck is just ****...

I spent an hour or three rolling on and off last night and couldn't get over an 85 on a fighter.

Which, is enough, if I want to dump cha/wis down to 6 or something, which just feels wrong to wrong to me.
LPMF

Postby Arkalezth » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:10 am

zuton wrote:I know, but that's a bit cheaty in my eyes.

Yes, and no. You don't need to keep the program going on forever in order to get a uber score, and if you're going to spend a while re-rolling anyway, you can save up some time with it (even if it's just 1 minute vs. 10 minutes). It also saves you the effort of calculating the score each time.

LPMF: There are items that set your CHA to 18. You could use one of those... Just mentioning it as an option, even though it still may seem wrong, I guess.

Good, Bad and Ugly Builds
Arkalezth

Postby decado » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:39 am

After some 15 years of manual rolling for BG1+BG2+Icewind Dale the excitement of rolling has somewhat waned for me. I just set it running whilst I go away and do something else (be it 5 or 15 minutes) and use whatever it has managed to score.

The 18 CHA ring is BG2 specific.
decado
Site Admin

Previous

Return to BG: EE