Welcome
Welcome to nwn2db

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dex-based rogues in the OC

OC specific discussion

Dex-based rogues in the OC

Postby bobthebuilder » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:53 am

Just don't do it, people. By the end of the game nearly everything in the OC is immune to sneak attacks, and also a lot of the stuff on the way to the end of the game.

Builders, link to your OC-friendly rogues in this thread and hopefully we can save at least one person from the frustration and despair of playing a character that simply cannot contribute to the game in a meaningful way...
bobthebuilder
Can he fix it?

Re: Dex-based rogues in the OC

Postby boogeiyman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Ok never considered playing rogue after seeing how heavily the game was geared against them but now that u suggested it i put something together that would still be rogue-ish but shud have half decent damage against those damn undeadly. its fairly simple and straight forward --- http://nwn2db.com/build.php?id=93634&version=1
boogeiyman

Postby bobthebuilder » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:59 pm

bobthebuilder
Can he fix it?

Postby boogeiyman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:28 am

ok a late entry here : http://nwn2db.com/build/?94702

No twf, no sneaks skills and no real SA based dmg so i wudnt consider it a real rogue but it does bring some amount of open lock and anti trap skills. You could get much better skills if u weave the rogue in with fb early game and then some levels of rogue woven in with post 21 levels but that would push back getting EPA and and epic precision so i decided against that too.

On the good side the early fighter levels and EPA ensures a steady supply of nearly instant kills vs undead throughout the game and epic precsion with falchion makes motb a thorough crit feast.
boogeiyman

Postby Arkalezth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:24 am

Not specifically designed for the OC, but this can work:

Death Cleaver

For the OC, you may consider switching some fighter (or rogue, but then it wouldn't be a rogue) for ranger for an undead focus (if you have feats for it).

And, well, I have another bunch of level 20 STR rogues if someone wants to take a look. But again, probably not OC-specific.

Good, Bad and Ugly Builds
Arkalezth

Postby Desmond » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Well,rogue from me:
http://nwn2db.com/build/?125424

He is STR base through... He is pretty tough to kill, work good with Khelgar. Sneak dise isn't remarkable, but 5d6(5-30 dem) is pretty solid, and he doens't completely lost, when enemy prefer him to tank. Many skill points, bluff and intimidate skills(through you need to threw something out for intimidate). He can talk, he can fight, he can do rogue stuff, he is dangerous in normal fight and still good at attacks from behind. Also no exp penalty and no ECL. And DD also give you emergensy button(useful against bosses)

Main problem that he needed to be lawful and, if you haven't got installed SoZ - member of Shadow thief wich but this PrC on a bit later lvls. Sinse most of "dark path" is chaotic you should be careful in your dialog and maintain the balanse. Second con - it's a dwarf, so no automatic search for you :) Wills are also low, but you have a druid and a priest so...

P.S> I used him in companion myself. Now I'm at the final dungeon and he was pretty good all the way here. Difficalty - Harcore DnD. Also I swapped him a bit, taking lore and intimidate
P.P.S. Greatest thing was to beat bard challenge with aggressive words and acrobatic in fullplate with tower shield)
Desmond

Postby bobthebuilder » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:21 am

I forgot about this thread.

Here's another entry. High damage against undead and constructs. Or other opponent types of your choice.

Build for X: TEH ULTIMATE FLASHY OC GTWF ROUGE!!!1 (test) (RP build) (no comments pls)
bobthebuilder
Can he fix it?

Postby bobthebuilder » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:07 pm

bobthebuilder
Can he fix it?

Postby bobthebuilder » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Old build but relevant: How to make Neeshka more useful in the OC.

You'd have to do this with your own PC rather than change Neeshka unless you can edit all her stats.
bobthebuilder
Can he fix it?

Postby Riverside01 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Forgot to add this one:

http://nwn2db.com/build/?113470

Works like a regular Fighter early on, then goes TWF in MOTB with extra boni from Bane of Enemies and IFE. Also rogue stuff.
Riverside01

Highscores: 11

Return to OC campaign